Saturday, April 27, 2013

Heartbreak


I went to bed hoping the hurt would be a little less, but broken hearts don’t heal that quickly.  That is something my husband doesn’t understand.  He doesn’t understand why I can’t just sleep it off and feel better in the morning. 

He doesn’t understand this because I do not break his heart.  Each day, I get up more determined than the last to love him.  Each day, I support him and care for him and give him everything I have so that he will not feel unloved.  And each day he takes it for granted.

So, he breaks my heart.  He tells me my dreams are stupid.  He tells me I am not allow to pursue anything that makes me happy because he is not happy.  He tells me that I can never be who I want to be or what I want to be because he said so. 

Sometimes it's just a little heartache.  I can cope with heartache.  I can wake up determined the next day with heartache.  But broken is another thing completely.  When he breaks my heart, the wound is hard to come back from.  




Photobucket

No comments:

You might also enjoy:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...